A foreign LLC or Corporation may apply for authority to do business in the State of New York by filing an Application for Authority with the New York Department of State. The out-of-state company must also obtain a Certificate of Good Standing from their home jurisdiction to be submitted with the Application for Authority.

For more information on what activities may be considered “doing business” in New York the Department of State has provided an article on their website titled “Doing Business” in New York: An Introduction to Qualification. Generally speaking, businesses that have an office or employees in New York, or conduct significant business in or towards New York should consider foreign qualification.

Thomas Law Firm PLLC can draft and file your Application for Authority and advise you regarding foreign qualification matters. Please CONTACT US for more information.

New York Application for Authority: $1195 Flat Fee
 Thomas Law Firm PLLC | 175 Varick St | New York, NY 10014 | P: (212) 203-9975 | scott@thomaslawfirm.co