How To Trademark a Jewelry Company
Here at Thomas Law Firm in New York City we’ve worked with many jewelry designers to trademark their company name, logo, and slogans. Whether you’re a startup Etsy seller, Amazon seller or a major NYC brand, trademarking can help to establish and protect your company name, product line names, etc.
How Does a Trademark Protect my Jewelry?
Trademarking gives the Registrant exclusive rights to use their trademark in the United States. Once a trademark is secured, the United States Patent and Trademark Office will refuse subsequent applications for the trademark if it relates to similar products, thus making your registration a very good investment. Another key benefit of trademark registration is that a public listing of your trademark will be created in the USPTO’s online trademark database. A trademark search will show that you own the trademark, which deters many competitors from attempting to register or use your trademark. The value of this particular benefit alone makes the filing fees worth it in my opinion.
Trademark Registration Benefits
- You will have the right to enforce your trademark in federal court, if necessary
- You may be able to recover money damages for trademark infringement
- Trademark registration gives you the right to use the “®” symbol.
- Many social media websites will take down pages infringing on your trademark
- The USPTO will reject subsequent applicants who apply for your trademark
- Public listing of your trademark in the USPTO Trademark Database
File Your Trademark Application ASAP!
Trademark applications can be filed once you’re officially doing business (doing business is actually a prerequisite to securing a registration) or we can also reserve your trademark in advance or doing business during the startup phase. Trademarks are available on a first come, first served basis, so once you’ve decided on your trademark filing an application as soon as possible will give you the best chance of success.
Contact Us for a Free Phone Consultation if you would like to apply for trademark